Last week. 8/14/2012, Microsoft released both of these rollups. I waited a few days before installing them on my two servers and the install when fine. I always like to wait a few days and monitor the Exchange MVP & Exchange Team mailing list I’m on for any issues that come up.
Check out Tony Redmond’s blog post for some details on what is in this rollup: Analyzing Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4
Here’s the key updates that the Exchange Team called out on their blog post on RU4 for 2010 SP2:
- New updates for August DST – Exchange 2010 – SP2 RU4 – Display name for OWA.
- 2685001 Retention policies do not work for the Calendar and Tasks folders in an Exchange Server 2010 SP1 environment
- 2686540 Exchange 2010 Messages are not delivered to Journal Mailbox
- 2701162 Granting Full Mailbox Access Does Not Allow Full Details of Free/Busy To Be Displayed
- 2724188 Information loss due to unexpected subject modification while copying a message in Outlook
- 2743871 Stop Forefront services in RU setup so no manual steps are required
- 2740358: MS12-058: Vulnerability in Microsoft Exchange Server WebReady document viewing could allow remote code execution: August 14, 2012
Here’s what the Exchange team called out in their blog post on RU8 for 2007 SP3:
- New updates for August DST – Exchange 2007 – SP3 RU8
- 2701037 Store.exe crash by strcat_s() to Exchange 2007
- 2699574 Microsoft Exchange Information Store service may stop responding when you perform a search on Exchange mailboxes in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 2740358 MS12-058: Vulnerability in Microsoft Exchange Server WebReady document viewing could allow remote code execution: August 14, 2012