Category Archives: Microsoft

Exchange Server 2016 “requires .NET Framework 4.5 or later” error

Recently I was trying to address and issue with a corrupted arbitration mailbox. The quick fix for this issue is to delete these mailboxes and the system accounts used by them and run “setup.com /PrepareAD” to recreate them. When I … Continue reading

Posted in Microsoft, Technical | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Exchange 2013 & 2016 quarterly updates out

11/7/16 Added a “Known & Possible Issues” list 11/4/16 Urgent Update: Do NOT deploy Exchange 2016 CU3 (or earlier) on Windows 2016 at this time. See URGENT: Hold off on deploying Exchange 2016 on Windows 2016 for more details. Today, 9/20/2016 Microsoft … Continue reading

Posted in Exchange, Microsoft, Technical | Tagged , | 1 Comment

Calendar Sharing across Devices w/ Exchange or EXO/O365

Starting in Exchange 2010 you have been able to share your calendar, if enabled at the organization level, with anyone on the Internet anonymously. This can still be done today with Exchange 2016 and Office 365 in the ICS (iCAL), … Continue reading

Posted in Exchange, Microsoft, O365, Technical | Tagged | Leave a comment

Exchange 2016 CU2 and 2013 CU13 are out

Microsoft released the latest update to Exchange 2013 and 2016 on 6/21/2016. No major changes, but the DAG auto rebalancing and finally .NET 4.6.1 support are much desired changes. The new DAG feature is important to larger environments and the … Continue reading

Posted in Exchange, Microsoft, Technical | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Exchange 2013 POP3 service drops connections fix

At my current client they are using POP3 and we are in the process of setting up Exchange 2013 servers to act as hybrid servers for their Office 365 migration. So after setting up the servers I tested all protocols, … Continue reading

Posted in Exchange, Microsoft, Technical | Tagged | 34 Comments

Script: Set-UPN-O365-PSMTP.ps1 – Sets UPNs on-premises and in Office 365

11/4/15: Posted script to TechNet Script Gallery: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/This-script-will-set-the-590a0907. Also updated code below and renamed the script to “Set-UPN-O365-PSMTP.ps1” I’m working with a client who is migrating to Office 365 and we ran into the issue where users’ UPNs do not … Continue reading

Posted in Exchange, Microsoft, Script, Technical | Tagged , , | 1 Comment

Exchange 2010 SP3 UR6 and 2013 CU5 released

Here’s a quick summary of fixed and known issues. Last updated 8/14/2014 Exchange 2010 SP3 UR6 – Download | KB2936871 Info Exchange 2013 CU5 – EHLO Blog Post | Download | KB2936880 (CU5 includes SP1 updates) Blog post about 2013 CU5 I recommend … Continue reading

Posted in Exchange, Microsoft, Technical | Tagged , | 2 Comments