Quick post, more to come later once I have it installed and tested.
EHLO Blog post: Released: Update Rollup 1 for Exchange 2010 SP3
I’ve updated my list of “Known Exchange 2010 SP3” issues, RU1 fixes one of the three issues I have listed. The fixed issue is where soft deletes fail in Outlook & OWA in on-line mode if they contain certain type of attachments that were generated in a certain way. There are several other issues that it fixes too of course.
Known SP3 RU1 Issues
From EHLO Blog post: Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3
Issue with HTML messages and disclaimer transport rules:
There is an an issue where the messages stick in poison queue and transport continually crashes after this rollup is applied. Error event ID 4999 with source MSExchange Common will be generated with Dr Watson report.
The issue is caused by a transport rule (disclaimer) attempting to append the disclaimer to the end of HTML formatted messages. When this occurs, messages will be placed in the poison queue and the transport service will crash with an exception.
Workaround: Disable disclaimer transport rule or uninstall RU1
6/26 Update: There is a hotfix for this issue, you must call PSS and reference KB2859596
Issue with installing RU1:
You cannot install or uninstall Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 on the double-byte character set (DBCS) version of Windows Server 2012 if the language preference for non-Unicode programs is set to the default language.
Workaround: Change Language setting:
- In Control Panel, open the Clock, Region and Language item, and then click Region.
- Click the Administrative tab.
- In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, click Change system locale.
- On the Current system locale list, click English (United States), and then click OK.
After you successfully install or uninstall Update Rollup 1, revert this language setting, as appropriate.
We have identified the cause of this problem and plan to resolve it in a future rollup, but did not want to further delay the release of RU1 for customers who are not impacted by it.
Pingback: iOS 6.1 causing very high log generation on Exchange | Jason (Izzy) Sherry's Blog
Hi Jason – another couple of known issues with SP3 UR1:
1# Poision message queue and transport crash errors: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/851f5687-7c58-4114-9369-7a5ad1e7aff1?prof=required — caused by transport rules, particularly related to disclaimers.
2# Exclaimer mail disclaimers have confirmed that (currently) SP3 UR1 stops their software from working correctly (possibly related..??) and there is no fix, only work around is to uninstall UR1 if affected. — see MattDenham comment: http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2013/05/29/released-update-rollup-1-for-exchange-server-2010-sp3.aspx
Officially recognized as an issue now:
A known issue with transport rules after E2010 SP3 RU1 is installed
We have an issue where the messages stick in poison queue and transport continually crashes after this rollup is applied.
We have gathered enough information and have determined the issue. Specifically, the issue is caused by a transport rule (disclaimer) attempting to append the disclaimer to the end of HTML formatted messages. When this occurs, messages will be placed in the poison queue and the transport service will crash with an exception. We are investing resources to develop a code fix. You can either disable or reconfigure the disclaimer transport rule.